Thursday, 25 March 2010
8-bit fx/processor Biscuit (out of the box + test) w/ Sleepdrone & Filterbank by Franck Smith
Zn'shñ member & soloist Franck Smith testing hybrid 8-bit effects/processor Biscuit by Oto Machines w/ Sleepdrone 5 as sound source and 2x Sherman Filterbank 2 (filterbank n°1 direct to filterbank n°2) . Contents: 8-bit processing, Lo-Fi, minimal pulses, analog electronics, signal trajectory, glitch, clicks, analog oscillators, noise manufacturing...
(excerpts from Biscuit manual)
DO NOT EAT BISCUIT — we could add "… JUST FEED IT".
Details on Biscuit here
IF POSSIBLE USE HEADPHONES OR CONNECT YOUR COMPUTER TO A QUITE DECENT SOUND-SYSTEM.
Material in this video:
- Sleepdrone 5 (by King Capitol Punishment)
- 2x Sherman Filterbank 2 (tabletop versions)
- Biscuit (by Oto Machines) *used in mono
N.B.— separate direct outputs 2 & 3 of Sleepdrone and main output are routed to Filterbank 2 via Nobels mix-41-C active mixer 4 in 1 (not shown on screen).
Out of the box — Biscuit by Oto Machines © 2010
Recent discographic works:
* Franck Smith, "Théorème de point fixe" (odl.9173-658) Nov 2009 here
* Zn'shñ, "II" (odl.9173-657) Sep 2009 here
* Zn'shñ, "++" (odl.9173-656) Apr 2009 here
IF POSSIBLE USE HEADPHONES WHEN VIEWING VIDEO MATERIAL OR CONNECT YOUR COMPUTER TO A QUITE DECENT SOUND SYSTEM.